Ngaio is an illustrator, multidisciplinary designer, and curator who enjoys doing a lot of things at the same time. She works with clients like Thames & Hudson, Redbull, and Sibella Court from her independent studio. She's also the director of Make Nice, consults with companies and conferences, and teaches illustration and design at the University of Technology Sydney.
Ngaio holds a Bachelor of Design from the Queensland College of Art and the Rhode Island School of Design, and a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the Queensland University of Technology. Her background in contemporary art and theory has helped develop an open-minded and resourceful design and illustration practice. Ngaio utilizes a variety of techniques (from digital to felt-tip pen), discovering the right medium to perfectly support and articulate the concept and/or message of each project. She works with a wide range of creative and talented clients all over the world, including Redbull, Thames & Hudson, Sibella Court, Triple J, Institute of Modern Art, and The Conversation.
In her spare time, Ngaio is a fan of ice-cream (of all kinds), Law & Order (of all kinds) and listening to people trying to pronounce her name (it's nigh-oh).
Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
5/304 Clovelly Road, Sydney,
New South Wales, Australia 2031.
Selected Press, Awards, and Publications
- The Design Kids, December 2016
- Riposte Magazine, May, 2016
- Sydney Morning Herald, May 2016
- Frankie Magazine, May 2016
- FBI Radio, May 2016
- I-D, May 2016
- Collective Hub, May 2016
- Vice, May 2016
- EH Magazine, May 2016
- It's Nice That, April 2016
- 2Ser Radio, April 2016
- WorkingNotWorking: Freerange, March 2016
- Shillington, March 2016
- Women of Graphic Design, April 2016
- Recommended Pinterest User, 2015
- Emmadime Lovely Lady Feature, July 2015
- 100 Layer Cake, July 2014
- Desktop Publication 'Semi-Precious' July 2014
- 100 Layer Cake, December 2014
- Oh So Beautiful Paper, December 2014
- AGIdeas New Star Shortlist, October 2013
For sometimes updates & ideas, straight from our messy desks to yours!